The Hotel Schweizerhof, which was known as “Hotel Fetzer” or “Zähringerhof” in the 19th century, received its current name by Daniel Vogel in 1859. In 1911 the Hotel Schweizerhof was torn down, rebuilt and festively reopened in July 1913. In 1939 Jack Gauer took over the management of the prestigious hotel. In the following years the hotel was renovated repeatedly. In 2005 the hotel was closed for extensive refurbishments. A comprehensive, two-year renovation started in 2009. Today the Hotel Schweizerhof is part of the portfolio of Buergenstock Selection. With an over 160-year legacy, a glamorous new period has now begun at Berne’s famous luxury hotel.